Big Island ARRL News, 20 October 2017, 0550 UTC, Post #347.
Accessed on 20 October 2017, 0550 UTC.
Please click link to read the full report.
Here are the major topics discussed in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter”:
- “”Force of 50” Volunteers’ Puerto Rico Hurricane Recovery Mission Ends
- Puerto Rico Volunteer Aids Burn Victim, Contacts Family via Ham Radio
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- New Ham Bands Spring to Life; Veteran LF Experimenter Denied Access to 2200 Meters
- California Fire Situation Improves
- Global Effort Under Way to Restore Dominica’s Amateur Radio Capabilities
- Caribbean Telecommunications Union Head Calls for “New Generation” of Hams
- World Radiosport Team Championship 2017 Announced 63 Teams to Compete Next July
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions”
Don’t forget the 2017 Simulated Emergency Test (SET) scheduled for Saturday, 21 October 2017, from 0800 to 1300 HST. The scenario for SET 2017 will be a Great Aleutian Tsunami, which will have a disastrous impact on all Hawaiian Islands. Teams of amateur radio operators will be deployed to various locations throughout Hawaii County “to exercise…emergency communications capabilities” and “to provide reliable communications when normal means of communications fail or become overloaded.” All amateur radio operators are invited to participated in this annual exercise. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section