Big Island ARRL News, 13 October 2017, 1620 UTC, Post #340.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Accessed on 13 October 2017, 1620 UTC.
Please click link to read the full issue.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current issue of “The ARRL Letter”:
- Vice President Visits “Force of 50,” Red Cross Invites Volunteers to Extend Stay
- ARRL Expresses Gratitude for Outpouring of Ham Aid Donations
- Ham Radio Bridging the Gap in Wildfire-Stricken California
- Hurricane Nets Activate for Nate
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- ARRL Headquarters Welcomes New Communication Manager Dave Isgur
- ARRL Foundation Accepting Scholarship Applications
- FCC Affirms Huge Fine in New York Interference Case
- JOTA/JOTI Report More Than 2,500 Registered for October 20-22 Event
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Just a reminder for all Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
The 2017 Simulated Emergency Test (SET) will occur on Saturday, 21 October 2017, from 0800 to 1300 HST. The scenario for SET 2017 will be a Great Aleutian Tsunami which will have a disastrous impact on all Hawaii Islands. Teams of amateur radio operators will be deployed to various locations throughout the county and will be working closely with the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency and The American Red Cross. The goal of SET 2017 is “to exercise…emergency communications capabilities” and “to provide reliable communications when normal means of communications fail or become overloaded.” For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section