Big Island ARRL News, 04 October 2017, 2230 UTC, Post #331.
Author: HQ ARRL, Newington, CT, 06111.
Accessed on 04 October 2017, 2230 UTC.
Please click link to read the full report.
The ARRL Contest Update offers a useful source of timely information for both the active and casual contester. The Contest Update includes information about events during the two-week period, time-sensitive news items, upcoming deadlines, and other news of interest to contesters.
Here are the main topics in the current edition:
- New HF Operators: Receiving Antennas
- Contest Summary
- News: Shortened ARRL Contest Deadline Reminder, OCDX, Makrothen, Loggers, EME, and more
- Word to the Wise: “Klick“
- Sights and Sounds: WWROF Webinar Adds a Speaker, Solar Flare During a Contest
- Results: CQWW RTTY Raw Scores, Kansas QSO Party Final Results
- Operating Tip: Use the RF Gain Control Effectively
- Technical Topics and Information: Recording Both Sides With an Icom USB Interface, Folded Counterpoise, Fireballs
- Conversation: Pitching In
- Log Due Dates
Don’t forget the 2017 Simulated Emergency Test on Saturday, 21 October 2017, from 0800 to 1300 HST. Licensed radio amateurs will be working across Hawaii Island with Hawaii County Civil Defense and the Hawaii Chapter of The American Red cross “to exercise…emergency communications capabilities” and “to provide reliable communications when normal means of communications fail or become overloaded.” All amateur radio operators are invited to participate in this exercise. For more information, contact email@example.com.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local prints and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section