Big Island ARRL News, 20 September 2017, 1615 UTC, Post #315.
Editor: Rick Palm (K1CE).
Accessed on 20 September 2017, 1615 UTC.
Please click link to read the full article.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition of “The ARRL-E-Letter”:
- Special Hurricane Issue: A Busy Season Revs Up
- Activations for Hurricane Maria
- Hurricanes Harvey and Irma: Historic Storms’ Response Coverage
- Hit and Run Driver Stymied by Traffic, ARES
- Two DHS Apps of Interest to ARES Operators
- Letters: Reflections on Hurricane Operations Present and Past
- Psychological First Aid Class Held in Orange County, California
- Major Active Shooter Drill Held in Washington State
- Observations on Hurricane Harvey Response
Here are two more operating events that should be of interest to Hawaii radio amateurs:
Radio Day II. Kimberly Fendt, the ARES East Hawaii District Emergency coordinator, invites every one to Radio Day II on Saturday, 30 September 2017 at the “Great Organic Lava Farm”, otherwise known as GOLF or the Kopua Farm Lots Golf Course. The public event will feature “an array of operating techniques and equipment”, including educational and networking opportunities. For details, contact Kim at email@example.com.
2017 Simulated Emergency Test. The 2017 SET will be held on Saturday, 21 October 2017, from 0800 to 1300 HST. The scenario for SET 2017 will be a Great Aleutian Tsunami, which will have a disastrous impact on all Hawaiian Islands. All amateur radio operators are invited to participate in this training exercise. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local prints and broadcast media in a timely manner.
For the latest Amateur Radio News and Information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section