Big Island ARRL News, 15 September 2017, 1425 hrs, UTC, Post # 311.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full article.
Here are the main topics covered in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter.”:
- Amateur Radio Volunteers Respond to Historic Hurricane Irma
- Help the Ham Aid Response Effort in Florida and the US Virgin Islands
- Emergency Net Activated in Wake of Earthquake in Mexico
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- QST Announces 2017 Antenna Design Competition Winners
- Collegiate Amateur Radio Symposium Holds Second Annual Meeting
- Not All “Intruders” on Ham Bands are Illegal — But a Lot of Them Are
- Dr. Scott Wright, K0MD, Tapped as New NCJ Editor
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island radio amateurs are invited to participate in the following events:
Hawaiian Islands Grid Madness–Sunday, 17 September 2017, from 1300 to 1700 HST. For details, visit http://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
2nd annual ARES Radio Day II–Saturday, 30 September 2017 at the “Great Organic Lava Farm” otherwise known as GOLF or the Kapua Farm Lots Golf Course. For details, contact Kim at email@example.com.
2017 Simulated Emergency Test (SET)–Saturday, 21 October 2017 from 0800 to 1300 HST. The scenario will be a Great Aleutian Tsunami, which will have a disastrous impact on all Hawaiian Islands. For details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section