Big Island ARRL News, 18 August 2017, 05:00 hrs, UTC, Post #290.
Accessed on 18 August 2017, 05:00 hrs, UTC.
Please click link to read the full news letter.
Here are the main topics discussed in the 17 August 2017 edition of the “ARRL Letter”:
- Solar Eclipse QSO Party Will Facilitate Real Science
- Amateur Radio Communication Resources to be Available during Eclipse Day
- Amateur Radio Administration Course (ARAC) Presented in Mexico for Second Year
- Plane Crash Drill Turns to Major Fire Response
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- ARRL Repeater Directory is Sold Out
- ARRL Audio News Announces New Extra Edition Service
- Radio Eritrea and Radio Ethiopia Still Battling on 40 Meters
- Ham Hoping to Crowdfund Experimental Time at HAARP Facility
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Don’t forget these upcoming events open to Hawaii radio amateurs:
Hawaii QSO Party, 0400 UTC, 26 August 2017, to 0400 UTC, 28 August 2017. Contact Alan (AD6E) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hawaii Grid Madness VHF/UHF simplex contest, Sunday, 17 September 2017, 1300-1700 HST. Contact Stan (AH6KO) at AH6KO@arrl.net.
The Simulated Emergency Test. The exercise, using a Great Aleutian Tsunami scenario, will be held on Saturday, 21 October 2017, from 0800 to 1300 HST. For details, contact Eric at email@example.com.
For the latest Amateur Radio News and Information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
Other sites of interest:
https://bigislandarrlnews.com (this site).
https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas).
http://www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news (a weekly podcast which is updated each Friday afternoon).
https://paper.li/kh6jrm/1430289353 (Amateur Radio News & Information).
https://paper.li/f-1476233615 (Hawaii Science Digest).
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio News items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section