Big Island ARRL News, 11 August 2017, 06:45 hrs, UTC, Post #286.
Accessed on 11 August 2017, 06:45 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full article.
Here are some of the topics covered in the latest edition of “The ARRL Letter”:
- ARRL Posts Amateur Radio Parity Act FAQ
- Hara Arena — Hamvention’s Former Home — to be Auctioned by IRS
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- A Book that Helps You Prepare for the Eclipse!
- ARDF Enthusiasts Compete in USA National Championships
- Youngsters on the Air International Summer Camp Doubles Down on ARISS Contacts
- Northern California DX Club Launching Initiative to Get Newcomers on HF Bands
- Hurricane Watch Net Activates for Tropical Cyclone Franklin
- Radio Club of America Announces 2017 Award Winners and Fellows
- Historic Project Amelia Earhart Flight Ends Successfully
- In Brief…
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
Other Hawaii Island Amateur Radio News:
I just received an e-mail from Eric (KH6CQ), who is the District Emergency Coordinator, Hawaii Amateur Radio Emergency Service. He’s reminding all Hawaii radio amateurs that The Simulated Emergency Test (SET) will be held on Saturday, 21 October 2017 from 0800 to 1300 hours Hawaii Standard Time. Eric and I are in the process of preparing a formal press release for our local print and broadcast media. In the meantime, please spread the word about the SET event. For more information, contact Eric (KH6CQ) at email@example.com. I’ll have more details later.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section