Big Island ARRL News, 09 August 2017, 20:55 hrs, UTC, Post #284.
Accessed on 09 August 2017, 20:55 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Brian Moran (N0ADG).
Please click link to read the full issue.
Here are the main topics covered in the 09 August 2017 edition of “The ARRL Contest Update”:
- New HF Operators: WAE DX CW, RTTY, Solar Eclipse QSO Party
- Bulletins: Best Practices for ARRL Contests
- Contest Summary
- News: N1MM Logger+ Spectrum Display, N3FJP Logger Updates, New VU radio club, and more
- Word to the Wise: Fill
- Sights and Sounds: A Year of Sun, RSGB YOTA, YHOTY, and more
- Results: NAQP RTTY Preliminary Results
- Operating Tip: Find Domestic Multipliers Quickly
- Technical Topics and Information: FSK for Icom IC-7300, Analog Devices SDR Building Block, Sun Spot Numbers Version 2.0, and more
- Log Due Dates
Don’t forget two operating events coming to Hawaii:
The Hawaii QSO Party–0400 UTC, 26 August 2017 to 0400 UTC, 28 August 2017.
Hawaii Grid Madness VHF/UHF simplex contest, Sunday, 17 September 2017, 1300-1700 HST.
For the latest Amateur Radio News and Information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
For more Amateur Radio-related news, please visit these web sites:
https://bigislandarrlnews.com (this site).
https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas).
http://www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news (a weekly podcast updated each Friday afternoon).
https://paper.li/kh6jrm/1430289353 (Amateur Radio News & Information).
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section