Big Island ARRL News, 04 August 2017, 06:00 hrs, UTC, Post #270.
Accessed on 04 August 2017, 06:00 hrs, UTC.
Author: Headquarters, ARRL, Newington, CT, 06111.
Please click link to read the full edition.
Here are the main topics discussed in the 03 August 2017 of “The ARRL Letter”:
- ARRL Board Explores Entry-Level License Options, Ways to Face Future Challenges
- ARRL Board Names Award Winners, Recognizes Clubs
- Amateur Radio Participation is Key to University Solar Eclipse Experiment
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- FT8 Mode is Latest Bright Shiny Object in Amateur Radio Digital World
- Canada C3 Expedition WSPR Beacon Reports Continue at High Rate; QSL Available
- Marty Sullaway, KC1CWF, is 2017 Young Ham of the Year
- Young English Radio Amateur Completes the Wainwrights on the Air Challenge
- Amateur Radio Personality, Broadcaster, Businessman Al Cohen, W1FXQ, SK
- “Father of Competitive Radio” in USSR Boris Stepanov, RU3AX, SK
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Just a quick reminder to all Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
All Hawaii Amateur Radio operators are invited to join their fellow hams for breakfast this Saturday, 05 August 2017, 08:00 HST, at the Lava Rock Restaurant in Volcano. Thanks to Barbara (NH7FY) and Dean (KH6B) for the information.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
You can find more Amateur Radio news at these sites:
https://bigislandarrlnews.com (this site).
http://www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news (a weekly podcast updated each Friday afternoon).
https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas).
https://paper.li/kh6jrm/1430289353 (Amateur Radio News & Information).
Please send your Hawaii Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section