Big Island ARRL News, 14 July 2017, 16:15 hrs, UTC, Post #257.
Accessed on 14 July 2017, 16:15 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Here are the main topics discussed in “The ARRL Letter” for 13 July 2017:
- FCC Crackdown on Pirate Broadcasters Targets at Least One More Amateur Licensee
- Amateur Radio Volunteers in British Columbia Reported Assisting Relief Agencies
- BIRDS-1 CubeSats Deployed from ISS, Carry Amateur Radio Payloads
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- New FT8 Mode Included in WSJT-X Beta Release
- WWV 25 MHz Signal Swapped to Circular Polarization, Reception Reports Invited
- Group Selected to Pursue DXpedition to Baker Island National Wildlife Refuge
- WRTC 2018 Teams Prep in Europe for the Big Event
- Amateur Radio Volunteers Support Michigan’s “One Helluva Ride” Bicycle Tour
- ARISS to Celebrate 20th Anniversary with SSTV Event
- K2BSA Will Be On the Air During National Scout Jamboree
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
For more Amateur Radio-related news, please visit these websites:
https://bigislandarrlnews.com (this site).
https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas).
http://www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news (a weekly podcast updated each Friday).
https://paper.li/kh6jrm/1430289353 (Amateur Radio News & Information–breaking news for radio amateurs).
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section