Big Island ARRL News, 23 June 2017, 04:50 hrs, UTC, Post #234.
Accessed on 23 June 2017, 04:50 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full issue.
Here are the main topics covered in the current issue of “The ARRL Letter” (22 June 2017):
- “Hamvention Reports Second-Largest Attendance Ever for 2017 Show
- More State and Local Governments Honor Amateur Radio in Advance of Field Day 2017
- W1AW Announces Field Day Bulletin Schedule
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- President to Name Jessica Rosenworcel for New FCC Term
- China Launches Satellites Carrying Amateur Radio Transponders
- Thirteen US Schools/Groups Move Closer to Hosting ARISS Contacts
- US Fish and Wildlife Service Okays Baker Island DXpeditions, with Strict Conditions
- INSPIRE-2 Ground Controllers Turn to Amateur Radio to Rescue Stalled Satellite
- Hundreds of Stations Report Hearing WSPR Signal from Canada C3 Expedition
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport”
- Don’t forget the 2017 ARRL Field Day Emergency Communications Exercise this Saturday and Sunday, 24-25 June 2017. Hawaii Island radio amateurs will meet at the Eden Roc park and community pavilion, beginning at 8:00 a.m. The event will end at 8:00 a.m., Sunday, 25 June 2017.
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily. For more Amateur Radio news, please visit these websites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); http://www.arrl.org; and http://www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news (podcast is updated every Friday).
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
- Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.