Big Island ARRL News, 14 June 2017, 14:55 hrs, UTC, Post #224.
Accessed on 14 June 2017, 14:55 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Please click link to read the full article.
Here are the main topics covered in the current issue of the “ARRL Contest Update”:
- “New HF Operators: ARRL Field Day, MSK144, Top Band
- Contest Summary
- News: Club Plaque Sponsorship, Solar Clean Slate, Caffeine Intake, and more
- Word to the Wise: Umbra
- Sights and Sounds: Computer Logging for Field Day, TAPR Hamvention Forum Showcases SDR Tools for Interference Detection and Mitigation, and more
- Results: Minnesota QSO Party, ARRL VHF Records
- Operating Tip: Check and Change Batteries Before the Contest
- Technical Topics and Information: MSK144 in VHF Contest, EZNEC update, FCC/OSHA Document in Context, and more
- Conversation: Contesting User Interfaces of the Future
- Log Due Dates”
- Don’t forget the 2017 ARRL Field Day, Saturday and Sunday, 24-25 June 2017. Hawaii Island radio amateurs will meet at the Eden Roc park and community pavilion, beginning at 8:00 a.m., Saturday, 24 June. The event ends at 8:00 a.m., Sunday, 25 June.
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
- You can find more Amateur Radio news at these sites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs); http://www.arrl.org; and http://www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news (a weekly podcast updated each Friday).
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
- Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.