Big Island Amateur Radio News, 09 June 2017, 04:10 hrs, UTC, Post #219.
Accessed on 09 June 2017, 04:10 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Rich Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full newsletter.
“The ARRL Letter” is a weekly summary of news and events for active radio amateurs. Much of “The ARRL Letter” is also available in audio form at http://www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news.
Here are the main topics covered in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter”:
- Hamvention Improvements Already in the Works for 2018!
- Consent Decree, Forfeiture Terminate FCC Interference Investigation
- Canada C3 Sesquicentennial Voyage May be Tracked via WSPR Beacon
- FCC and OSHA Release Communications Tower Best Practices Guide
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- The ARRL June VHF Contest is Almost Here!
- New Jersey Radio Amateur Receives International Astronomical League’s Gold Certification
- Jordan’s First CubeSat Set for Early 2018 Launch
- Additional Countries Gain Bands at 5 MHz
- SAQ Transmission on Alexanderson Day Cancelled
- Centenarian ARRL Member Claiming Oldest Active Radio Amateur Crown
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions.
- Don’t forget the 2017 ARRL Field Day on Hawaii Island. The event runs from 8:00 a.m., Saturday, 24 June 2017 through 8:00 a.m., Sunday, 25 June 2017 at the Eden Roc park and community pavilion.
- For the latest Amateur Radio News and Information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily. You can find more Amateur Radio news at these websites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs); http://www.arrl.org; and http://arrl.org/arrl-audio-news.
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
- Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii Island, ARRL Pacific Section.