Big Island ARRL News, 19 May 2017, 16:35 hrs, UTC, Post #199.
Accessed on 19 May 2017, 16:35 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full story.
Here are the major topics covered in the current issue of “The ARRL Letter”:
- ARRL to Leverage Social Media for Hamvention Coverage
- Driving to Hamvention? Take a 2-Meter Radio Along; Carpool, if Possible
- Maritime Mobile Service Net Relays Distress Call; Crew, Passengers, and Vessel Safe
- Mike Foale, KB5UAC, and Ellen Ochoa, ex-KB5TZZ, to Join Astronaut Hall of Fame
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Updated ARRL “US Amateur Radio Bands” Charts Now Available
- Youngsters on the Air (YOTA) 2017 Summer Gathering to Take Place in the UK
- Hamvention and ARISS Teaming Up Again
- Missing Issues of Morsum Magnificat Now Available for Free Download
- Nominations Open for AMSAT-NA Board of Directors
- Telecommunications Ministry in India Orders Halt to Online Transceiver Sales
- Glenn Baxter, ex-K1MAN, SK; Engaged in Protracted Enforcement Battle with FCC
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and events, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
- For more Amateur Radio news, please visit these websites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com; http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs); and http://www.arrl.org.
- Don’t forget the 2017 ARRL Field Day event set for 24-25 June 2017 at the Eden Roc park and community pavilion.
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.