Big Island ARRL News, 13 May 2017, 05:45 hrs, UTC, Post #194.
Accessed on 13 May 2017, 05:45 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full edition.
Here are the main topics covered in the 11 May 2017 edition of “The ARRL Letter”:
- “Hamvention Organizers “Counting Down the Hours,” Anticipating up to 35,000 Visitors
- Registration Now Open for USA ARDF Championships
- ARRL Field Day Site Locator is Live for 2017, Public Service Announcements Available
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- RadFxSat (Fox-1B) Passes Mission Readiness Review, Could Launch in September
- IEEE-EMC Society Chicago Chapter Meeting Attendees Give to Spectrum Defense Fund
- Yasme Foundation Grants will Support Youth Involvement in Amateur Radio
- Ham Volunteers Urgently Needed to Support Communication for NYC NAMI 5K Walk
- Historic NSS Call Sign to be Reactivated for First Time in More than 40 Years
- W5KUB Again to Offer Next Best Thing to Being at Hamvention
- “Frequency,” “Last Man Standing” QRT
- Getting It Right!
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions“
- Don’t forget the 2017 ARRL Field Day on 24-25 June 2017. The Eden Roc park and community pavilion will be the site of Hawaii Island’s Field Day event.
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check out the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
- You can find more Amateur Radio news at these websites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); and http://www.arrl.org.
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news stories to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.