Big Island ARRL News, 19 April 2017, 1600 hrs, UTC, Post #175.
Accessed on 19 April 2017, 1600 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Rick Palm (K1CE).
Please click link to read the full report.
The 19 April 2017 edition of the ARRL E-Letter is now online. Of particular interest to Hawaii radio amateurs is the review of last summer’s Amateur Radio Digital TV for Emergency Response presented by Tom Andrews (KH6HTV). A copy of the presentation materials can be downloaded at https://kh6htv.com/application-notes/. A fascinating program with great visuals.
Here’s a list of the main topics covered in the current report:
In This Issue:
- Hurricane Conference Amateur Radio Sessions This Morning! Check Them Out — See Below for Schedule.
- This Morning! Attend or Live Stream Amateur Radio Sessions at the National Hurricane Conference, New Orleans
- Puerto Rico Radio Amateurs Active in Major Caribbean Tsunami Exercise
- Amateur Digital TV for Emergency/Disaster Response Presentation in Honolulu, by Pioneer
- Local and State Drills and Exercises Roundup
- Article Links Amateur Radio Growth to Emergency Communications“
- Don’t forget Radio Day on Saturday, 29 April 2017, 9 a.m., at the Eden Roc park and community pavilion. The event is sponsored by the East Hawaii District Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES) and the Puna Emergency Radio Club. For details, contact Kim at email@example.com.
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
- For more Amateur Radio news, please visit these websites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); and http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs).
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise specified.
- Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.