Accessed on 06 April 2017, 06:25 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Please click link to read the full report.
Here are the topics covered in the latest edition of the “ARRL Contest Update”:
- “New HF Operators: Rookie Roundup, Station Tending
- Bulletins: Same-Band Alternating CQs Now Prohibited in ARRL HF and VHF Contests
- Contest Summary
- News: Referees Wanted for WRTC 2018, VLF Bands Closer to Reality for US, and more
- Word to the Wise: Crepuscular
- Sights and Sounds: AM Transmitter Walk-Through, ICOM 7610 Sneak Preview
- Results: ARRL School Club Roundup, CQ WPX Preliminary Scores, CQ 160 Historical Records, and more
- Operating Tip: Try the Wrong Antenna
- Technical Topics and Information: Top Band Vertical Array Comparisons, Practical Antennas for 630 Meters, and more
- Conversation: The First Step is Begin
- Log Due Dates.”
- Don’t forget to attend a presentation ceremony this Saturday, 08 April 2017, 1:00 p.m. (local time), at Hilo‘s Aupuni Center. Hawaii Island radio amateurs Richard and Barbara Darling will be given the prestigious 2016 ARRL International Humanitarian Award for their service to Micronesia and other island groups in the Pacific region. A potluck dinner will be held around 4 p.m. (local time).
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check out the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
- For more Amateur Radio news, please visit these websites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); and http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs).
- Please send your Hawaii island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated. Thanks for joining us today!
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii Island, ARRL Pacific Section.