Accessed on 31 March 2017, 04:35 hrs, UTC.
Author: HQ, ARRL.
Please click link to read the full report.
The big news this week is the FCC approval of two new Amateur Radio bands for hams in the United States. The FCC has adopted rules and regulations for the 630 meter band (472-479 kHz) and the 2200 meter band (135.7-137.8 kHz). A formal announcement is expected soon. The maximum effective radiated power for the 630 meter band will be 5 watts. Maximum antenna height for for both bands will be 60 meters (approximately 197-feet).
Here’s the list of main topics covered in the 30 March 2017 edition of the “ARRL Letter”:
- “New Bands! FCC Issues Amateur Radio Service Rules for 630 Meters and 2,200 Meters
- Amateur Radio Links Search for Amelia Earhart’s Plane with ISS Crew, Classroom
- NVIS Research Paper Available
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- ARRL 2017 Teachers Institutes on Wireless Technology Accepting Applications Until May 1
- AMSAT Reschedules Fox Series Launches
- Ham Radio Outlet Closes Silicon Valley Store
- Talks on Possible 4U1UN Reactivation Continue
- The Netherlands Modifies 5 MHz Amateur Radio Privileges to Conform with WRC-15
- College Students in Belize Introduced to Amateur Radio
- UK Museum Wants to Hear from Those Who Remember SputnikLaunch
- Centennial of Amateur Radio Blackout for World War I Occurs on April 6
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport“
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily. For more Amateur Radio news, please visit these sites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); and http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs).
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
- Thanks for joining us today!
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii Island, ARRL Pacific Section.