Big Island ARRL News, 24 February 2017, 04:55 hrs, UTC, Post #129.
Accessed on 24 February 2017, 04:55 hrs, UTC.
Please click link to read the full report.
Here’s the complete ARRL Letter for 23 February 2017. Major topics in this edition include:
- “Orlando HamCation a Hit, Posts New Attendance Record
- HAARP Goes Classical During New Experimental Campaign
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- MARS Refocuses Its Mission, Encrypts Data Nets
- Winter Cycle Section Manager Election Results Announced
- Homer V. Thompson, W4CWV, and Annette P. Thompson, W4LKM, Memorial Scholarship Endowed
- ARISS Opens Window for Proposals to Host Contacts with Space Station Crew
- In Brief…
- Getting It Right!
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions.”
- Of particular note is an article on the opening of a window for hosting contacts with the ISS and a local school. A few years ago, Honolulu radio amateurs hosted an ISS session with St. Francis High School. The event received great publicity and attracted quite a crowd at the small private school in Honolulu. The event required a lot of planning and the construction of an Earth receiving station at the school, but was one of the most discussed ham events of that year. Is there someone on Hawaii Island that could marshall such an effort? The application window will close shortly. If you think the project is worth a shot, please contact Pacific Section Manager Joe Speroni (AH0A) and see what the possibilities are.
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check out the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily. Additional news pertaining to the Amateur Radio Community can be found at these sites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs); and https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas).
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise specified.
- Thanks for joining us today!
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii Island, ARRL Pacific Section.