Big Island ARRL News, 17 February 2017, 06:35 hrs, UTC, Post #123.
Accessed on 17 February 2017, 06:35 hrs, UTC.
Here are the main topics covered in the 16 February 2017 edition of the “ARRL Letter”:
- “ARES Volunteers Support Evacuation, Shelters, in Wake of Oroville, California, Dam Crisis
- FCC Invites Comments on ARRL Petition to Allocate New 5 MHz Band
- Campus Ham Radio Clubs Encouraged to Boost Vitality through Innovation
- Alaska’s HAARP Facility Once Again Open for Business
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service Posts its 2016 Annual Report
- Nayif-1 CubeSat with Amateur Radio Transponder Launched from India
- “Mysterious Foghorn” is Chinese Over-the-Horizon Burst Radar
- National Museum to Mark 75th Anniversary of Voice of America
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Getting It Right!
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions“
“ARRL Headquarters Closed on Presidents’ Day: ARRL Headquarters will be closed on Monday, February 20, for the Presidents’ Day holiday. Headquarters will reopen at 8 AM EST on Tuesday, February 21. We wish everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday!”
“ARRL Website, Store to be Offline: The ARRL website, the ARRL Store, and other functions will be offline during maintenance on Sunday, February 19, within the period from approximately 2 AM until 4 AM EST (0700 to 0900 UTC). We apologize for any inconvenience.”
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
For more Amateur Radio news, please visit these sites:
https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site).
https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas).
http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs).
Other sites of interest:
http://hawaiisciencedigest.com (science and technology news for radio amateurs).
https://hawaiiintelligencedigest.com (trends in geopolitical intelligence, strategic forecasting, terrorism, and cybersecurity).
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local prints and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today!
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section