Big Island ARRL News, 08 February 2017, 15:25 hrs, Post #115.
Editor: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Accessed on 08 February 2017, 15:25 hrs, UTC.
Please click link to read the full article.
Here are the main topics covered in the 08 February 2017 edition of the “ARRL Contest Update”:
- “New HF Operators: Good HF Antennas are Essential
- Contest Summary
- News: ARRL School Club Roundup, Updates to Loggers, Flex Radio Client for OS X, Morse Code Learning by Touch, and more
- Word to the Wise: Constellation
- Sights and Sounds: Teleprinting, Waller Flags, RFI Spectrum Display
- Results: IARU, Sweepstakes
- Operating Tip: Use the Right Filtering for the Job
- Technical Topics and Information: RFI, Signal ID, Electronics Design Resources
- Quote of the Week: Hotel Best Practice
- Conversation: Passion and Perseverance
- Log Due Dates“
- This edition is filled with a variety of fascinating topics, including Results and Records, operating tips for the contester, technical topics & information, and an exhaustive list of both HF and VHF/UHF contests. Of particular interest are the upcoming ARRL School Club Roundup on 13 February 2017 and the ARRL International DX Contest (CW) from 18-20 February 2017. If you want to subscribe to the ARRL Contest Update, please contact ARRL.
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily. For more Amateur Radio news, please check these sites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com ( this site); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); and http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs).
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated. Thanks for joining us today!
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii Island, ARRL Pacific Section.