Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Accessed on 20 January 2017, 05:20 hrs, UTC.
Please click link to read the full report and the expanded story on a new Amateur Radio Parity Act introduced in Congress.
Here are the topics covered in the latest edition of the “ARRL Letter”, dated 19 January 2017:
- “New “Amateur Radio Parity Act” Bill Introduced in US House of Representatives
- ARRL Asks FCC to Allocate New 5 MHz Band, Retain Channels and Current Power Limit
- ARRL Board of Directors to Meet in Connecticut
- Hamvention Ready to Deal with Anticipated Traffic Flow at New Venue
- Hams Upset as New Hotel Owner Wants Repeaters Removed from Roof
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- ARRL Reintroduces a Popular Classic — Experimental Methods in RF Design
- Maxim Memorial Station W1AW Receives Equipment Donations
- Nebraska Sesquicentennial Celebration QSO Party Set for February, March
- German Regulator Acts on More than 6,000 Instances of Radio Interference in 2016
- Ulrich Rohde, N1UL, Recognized for Pioneering Work on SDR
- Harry K. Wolf, W6NKT, SK at 107; May Have Been World’s Oldest Active Radio Amateur
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions“
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily. For more Amateur Radio-related news, please visit these sites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs); and http://hawaiisciencedigest.com (latest science and technology news for radio amateurs).
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news and events to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
- Thanks for joining us today!
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii Island, ARRL Pacific Section.
The ARRL Raises A Stink About Illegal FPV Transmitters Let’s Chat Amateur radio operator’s call sign silenced Scientists debunk global warming ‘pause’ Scientists prove there was no hiatus in global warming after confirming controversial study Frequency – A Show Don’t Tell Masterclass A Record Breaker on 630 Meters! State halts Big Island solar power project | West Hawaii Today NASA’s Terra satellite sees small burst in Tropical Depression Madeline