Big Island ARRL News, 13 January 2017, 19:55 hrs, UTC, Post #94.
Accessed on 13 January 2017, 19:55 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full article.
The “ARRL Letter” compiles and distributes news and information to radio amateurs belonging to the ARRL (American Radio Relay League). Editor Rick Lindquist (WW1ME) does an excellent job of selecting key topics of importance for licensed amateur radio operators, including technological breakthroughs, equipment reviews, dx-peditions, propagation forecasts, contests, FCC actions, and upcoming conventions and forums.
Here are topics covered in the 12 January 2017 issue of the “ARRL Letter”:
- “Illegal Drone Transmitters Could Interfere with Air Traffic Control, ARRL Complaint Asserts
- FCC Dismisses Two Petitions from Radio Amateurs
- President Obama Renominates FCC Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel
- Nevada ARES Stands Down as Flood Threat Abates
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- New Digital Modes Gain Traction for Moonbounce, but Occasionally Show Up on HF
- Radio Club of America Announces New “Wireless Women” Section on Website
- The Yasme Foundation Announces Excellence Awards, Supporting Grants
- Warm Up with the January VHF Contest, January 21-23
- Winter Field Day is Just Ahead
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Getting It Right!
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions.”
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
- For more Amateur Radio-related news and information, please visit these websites: http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com (this site); http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news for radio amateurs); https://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas); and http://hawaiisciencedigest.com (science and technology news for radio amateurs).
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks before your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii Island, ARRL Pacific Section.