Please click link to read the full report.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME)
Here is the list of subjects covered in the 08 December 2016 edition of the “ARRL Letter”:
- Greg Walden, W7EQI, to Chair Powerful House Energy and Commerce Committee
- ARRL Transitioning to New Digital Publishing Platform
- FCC Affirms Penalty for Unlicensed Amateur Operation, Making False Distress Call
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- National Parks on the Air Update
- Use of New Web Log Upload App Encouraged for ARRL 10 Meter Contest Participants
- Reminder : December 11 Special Event will Commemorate Transatlantic Reception Anniversary
- Emergency Communication Exercise Uses “Hamsphere® ” to Introduce Youth to Virtual Ham Radio
- Contribute to ARRL through Your IRA
- ARRL Foundation Board Approves Two New Scholarships for Young Radio Amateurs
- Elves at OF9X Bring the Spirit of Christmas to Ham Radio
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
- The “ARRL Letter” is a weekly summary of news and information for radio amateurs. There is always a broad range of topics, ranging from ARES activities to ARRL-sponsored contests.
- Just click on the topic headings that most interest you. ARRL members can subscribe to the “ARRL Letter” for free. This is an excellent way to stay informed on issues impacting Amateur Radio.
- In local Amateur Radio events, be sure to attend The Kona Amateur Radio Society’s annual meeting, election of officers, and pot luck lunch on Sunday, 11 December 2016, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the south end of Waiwaloli Beach Park near NELHA (Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority). Attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to share with club members and their families. For more information, call Van (NH7IT) at 345-5008.
- Please send your newsworthy items to email@example.com at least two weeks before your event so I can inform our local print and broadcast media.
- Be sure to check the blog sidebars for more Amateur Radio information.
- For additional Amateur Radio news and events, please visit these websites: https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; http://www.kh6jrm.info (breaking news of interest for radio amateurs); http://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas–this blog can be accessed directly by scrolling down the right hand sidebar). For the latest science and technology news, please visit http://hawaiisciencedigest.com.
- Thanks for joining us today!
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), ARRL Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.