Big Island ARRL News, 01 December 2016, 05:15 hrs, UTC, Post #56.
Accessed on 01 December 2016, 05:15 hrs, UTC.
Editor: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Please click link to read the latest ARRL Contest Update.
Contesting is a great way to upgrade your operating proficiency, code speed, and ability to pass traffic in a constricted time frame. In fact, contesting will help ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Service) volunteers become better, more efficient operators. Even though I’m not much of a contester, I do manage to “get my feet wet” once in awhile before I get overwhelmed by the pace of contest activity. Generally, I enjoy myself and feel, at least for a short time, that I’m a better operator than I thought.
Here are the main topics covered in the latest edition of the “ARRL Contest Update”:
The ARRL Contest Update for November 30, 2016 – Inbox – Yahoo Mail
- New HF Operators: Improve Your Working Conditions, ARRL 160, ARRL 10
- Bulletins: Youth Writing Contest, BARTG Rules Changes
- Contest Summary
- News: QRP-ARCI Schedule, FCC is Hiring, Amplifiers, and more
- Word to the Wise: Conductor Migration
- Sights and Sounds: Good to the Last Code Element, QRP from SoCal, Antenna Stacks
- Results: SPTBDC, UK EI DX SSB, and more
- Operating Tip: Responding to CQs
- Technical Topics and Information: The Wrong Cap For the Amp, Class E Design Aid, Nominations for Hamvention Technical Award
- Conversation: Keeping up with the Joneses
- Log Due Dates
- For the latest ARRL news and information, please check out the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily.
- For more Amateur Radio news stories, please visit these websites:
- http://www.HawaiiARRL.info; https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com; https://bigislandarrlnews.wordpress.com; http://www.kh6jrm.info; and http://kh6jrm.blogspot.com (Simple Ham Radio Antennas).
- Please send your newsworthy items to email@example.com at least two weeks before your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media.
- Thanks for joining us today!
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), ARRL Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.